About the Summit
Cycling Tourism in Ontario is growing and Niagara is the place to be.
Venture Niagara would like to thank all who attended the Niagara Cycling Tourism Summit 2016 on February 24th. This event is intended to help strengthen cycling tourism and support business development in Niagara. Collectively we can enhance regional products, services and increase communication and coordination on initiatives supporting local community-based economic development in Niagara’s cycling tourism sector.
To further develop Cycling Tourism in Niagara we need to engage YOU! — Elected officials, municipal and regional staff, business improvement associations, businesses catering to cycling consumers, cycling advocates, economic development decision-makers and tourism industry partners.
Please take the time to review the presentations from the day’s events. The Niagara Cycling Tourism Centre is making these downloadable resources available to everyone via Dropbox. Good luck with your cycling tourism initiatives!
The Growth of Cycling Tourism in Ontario
- Overview of the Provincial Cycling Tourism Initiatives – Marlaine Koehler, Executive Director, Waterfront Regeneration Trust
- Ontario By Bike Network and Data from the Niche to Now Report – Michael McCreesh, Project Coordinator, Ontario by Bike / Transportation Options
Cycling Tourism: Big Business for Small Businesses in Niagara!
- Tour Operator – Rob Weingust, President, Cycle On Adventures
Plenary Session – Building the Cycling Route and Connecting the Dots – Local Activities
- Greenbelt Route – Susan Murray, VP Communications and Operations – Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation
- Regional Transportation Master Plan, Regional Bikeways Masterplan – Loy Cheah, Regional Transportation Lead, Niagara Region
- Greater Niagara Circle Route – Regional Councillors Bruce Timms and Brian Baty
- Niagara Bike Friendly Business Network – Pilot Project Finding – Bea Clark, BFBN Project Lead
- Share the Road – Jamie Stuckless, Executive Director, Municipal Bike Friendly Designation
- Niagara Parks Commission – John Lohuis, General Manager
- Cycling Tourism Success Story, Wisconsin, USA – Dave Cieslewicz – Executive Director, Wisconsin Bike Federation and former Mayor of Madison, Wisconsin
Niagara Cycling Tourism Centre
- Niagara Cycling Tourism Centre – Susan Morin, Business Development Manager, Venture Niagara / Niagara Cycling Tourism Centre