Originally built in 1895 until struck by lightning and rebuilt in 1903, the Smithville Train Station's role was to provide a link to nearby cities, enabling shopping for the residents and transportation of farm products to city markets. Its role as a passenger station ended in 1981. The West Lincoln Historical Society bought the building in 1993 and restored the railway station to its original state. The Station is now used for tourist information in the summer months, housing of archives and events. Visit the West Lincoln Historical Society's website for more information.
Visiter le site web du West Lincoln Historical Society pour plus d'informations.